Build your brand. Tell your story. Take advantage of a rare opportunity to create something new and original.
At Stellantis, were breaking with the past and launching a new software organization built from the ground up. The Stellantis Software organization (SWX) was established in 2021 and brings an entirely new vision to the driving experience. Our mission is to design the most captivating experiences in Mobility, bringing “tomorrows” tech innovations closer to today, everyday.
If youre ready to help lead this automotive technology transformation, we want to hear from you. Visit https://careers.fcagroup.com/nextgen/ to learn more.
Stellantis was founded in 2021 as the result of a merger between Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and PSA Groupe. For more information, visit: https://www.stellantis.com/en/company/about-us
As an CAN and LIN Network Manager at SWX, you will be responsible for leading that team that will define the in-vehicle CAN/LIN networking infrastructure and protocols that will enable the new centralized and service oriented end-to-end EE architecture. This role will provide CAN/LIN networking requirements for the development of the new platform that will cover almost 80% of the Stellantis 14 brands portfolio. Along with the team you will drive key decisions on CAN/LIN controllers/tranceivers and gateways. The key deliverable is to launch a world leading hardware/infrastructure platform product that exceeds all current and future technology challenges in the drive to achieve a truly software defined vehicle. We are looking for an experienced leader with strong background on CAN/LIN infrastructure, communication software layers, frames structures, protocols variants and security to deliver state-of-the-art EE platforms that will enable the Stellantis SW strategy, optimize solutions, and allow hardware evolution decoupled from software with an Agile approach.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Define and own in-vehicle CAN/LIN network requirements and guidelines for implementation in electrical and electronics units on the new Stellantis platform
- Provide CAN/LIN infrastructure definition and requirements to develop HW and low-level layers of SW based on a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and AUTOSAR
- Release, maintain and update CAN/LIN communication guidelines, including CAN controller hardware configurations (BTR, TDCO, etc.) and CAN/LIN network configurations guidelines (number of ECUs and length of networks, wake-up requirements using NMF or on traffic, signals supervision methodology, message security, active rolling counters, etc.)
- Help in the selection of right CAN/LIN components (CAN/LIN controllers and transceivers) to ensure interoperability on CAN 2.0, CAN-FD, CAN-XL and CAN-TP; and LIN 19.2kbps
- Perform and assure network quality KPIs achievement: bus loading, latency, jitter and timing analysis
- Execute technical and design review with Tier1/2 and internal stakeholders to ensure that the component/system design is compliant with Stellantis guidelines
- Develop, maintain and update the technical specifications and the design rules related to the in-vehicle CAN/LIN networking features
- Relentlessly drive to early life cycle delivery through an agile approach
- Establish and conduct collaboration opportunities with external partners or resources
- Facilitate research, design, development, and engineering skill development for the team
- Supervision of engineers, contractors, interns and external partners in the team
- Leading organization of approximately 16 people worldwide
- Responsible for the recruitment of personnel
- Develop a culture of collaboration, diversity and inclusion
- Willing to take action and drive results
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related degree field
– 8 years of industry experience in EE Architecture design or Electrical Engineering architecture roles.
– 5 years of experience working with CAN/LIN
– Bachelor in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
– Experience in defining and designing large complex embedded networked computer systems including definition of system topologies, components, and interfaces.
– Experience implementing Automotive CAN/LIN based communication protocols and network release documents LIN LDF and NCF files and CAN ARXML and DBC files.
– Solid knowledge of CAN Protocol and variants (CAN 2.0, CAN-FD, CAN-XL and CAN-TP)
– Proven success in building game-changing products in the automotive industry.
– Management experience in ideating and creating intellectual property.
– Experience to establish a professional network within the ecosystem of automotive suppliers, and technology companies such as: Computer system technology companies; International Standard Committees (ISO and AUTOSAR), Semiconductor vendors; Start-up companies.
– Strong systems thinking.
– Exhibits excellent, clear, and detail-oriented written and verbal communications on highly complex topics.