Join our team! We are seeking a Director of Nursing (DON) to lead a team of long-term care professionals. This is a vital role in a facility with a positive community reputation, a history of successful outcomes, and an experienced cohesive team.
YOU are our greatest asset! We offer our Director of Nursing the following benefits:
The primary purpose of the Director of Nursing position is to plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of our Nursing Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator and the Medical Director, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Responsibilities for Director of Nursing (DON):
· Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the nursing service department, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern the nursing care facilities.
· Develop, maintain, and periodically update written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing service department. Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Administrator, as necessary/required, concerning the operation of the nursing service department.
· Develops methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents total regimen of care. Maintain an ongoing quality assurance program for the nursing department.
· Participate in facility surveys made by authorized government agencies as necessary or as may be directed. Assist the Quality Assessment & Assurance Committee in developing and implementing appropriate plans of action to correct identified deficiencies
· Coordinate continuing education/in-service training for nursing department.
· Assist the HR Director in developing performance evaluations on an annual basis for the nursing department. Ensure that departmental disciplinary action is administered fairly and proper documentation for such discipline is given to HR Director for personnel file.
· Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information including protected health information. Report known or suspected incidents of unauthorized disclosure of such information.
Qualifications for Director of Nursing (DON):
Apply today for immediate consideration!
YOUR FUTURE STARTS NOW!
Other similar jobs that might interest you