Build your brand. Tell your story. Take advantage of a rare opportunity to start from the ground up and build something great. We are looking for technology game changers to lead Stellantis into a fundamental transformation within the automotive industry. Technology is going to disrupt the automotive industry significantly in the next decade and our organization is seeking high potential candidates to transform the company with a focus on the customer experience. Stellantiss Software Organization (SWX) was created to build the most captivating experiences in the latest frontier of Automotive Technology.As a Head of Zonal Computers & Edge Device interfaces team at SWx, you will be responsible for developing critical hardware systems, provide hardware engineering leadership, and direction to engineering development teams to guide and enable Mechanical Engineering, Electrical & Electronic, EE Architecture, Functional Domains and SW interaction collaboration. This role will be responsible for developing and launching the Zonal Computer ECUs (Zonal ECUs) and establishing the interface with Edge Devices embedded on the new platform that will cover almost 80% of the Stellantis 14 Brands portfolio. Along with the team you will lead and build, you will drive key decisions on developing complex Zonal ECUs and managing the Tier1 and Tier2 supplier basis that supported by the HW Engineering unit will develop our next-generation of in-vehicle devices. The key deliverable is to launch a world leading hardware platform product that exceeds all current and future technology challenges in the drive to achieve truly software defined Vehicle. We are looking for an accomplished technology veteran and product innovation leader with a background in complex Electronic Hardware design able to deliver state-of-the-art hardware platforms that will allow Hardware evolution decouple from Software with an Agile approach. The positions responsibilities include personnel management, multi-million dollar program development, internal reporting, network management, support and mentorship of engineering team in engineering related matters, and quality control of automotive grade HW & SW product deliverables.
Responsibilities:- Coordinate and Manage the Zonal Computers development process.- Develop outstanding strategic relationships with product peers and engineering, research, business, design, and functional domain teams to help define HW requirements and architecture.- Develop EE Hardware platform considering Cyber Security and Functional Safety requirements.- Supply Chain Technical Management, oversighting the development and industrialization phase.- Define a complexity optimization process to allow the definition of Standard HW Platform solution across 14 different Stellantis Brands.- Relentlessly drive to early life cycle delivery through an agile approach.- Manage and assure the achievement of program milestones that exceed quality goals.- Establish and conduct collaboration opportunities with external partners or resources.- Facilitate research, design, development, and engineering skill development for the team.- Supervision of engineers, contractors, interns and external partners in the team.- Leading organization of approximately 60 people worldwide.- Responsible for the recruitment of personnel.- Develop a culture of collaboration, diversity and inclusion.- Willing to take action and drive results.
– Bachelor in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
– 15 years of industry experience in hardware design or electrical engineering architecture roles.
– Track record of delivering business and technology results for complex, cross-functional initiatives while managing multiple competing priorities.
– Long-term experience in defining and designing large complex embedded networked computer systems including definition of system topologies, components, and interfaces.
– Proven success in building game-changing products in the automotive industry.
– Expertise on cybersecurity for connected vehicles, and the design of secure systems.
– Experienced in functional safety requirements (ISO 26262) and realization of fail operational systems.
– Deep understanding of typical vehicle EE architectures and automotive development processes.
– Management experience in ideating, prototyping, and creating intellectual property.
– Experience to establish a professional network within the ecosystem of automotive suppliers, and technology companies such as: Computer system technology companies; Semiconductor vendors; Start-up companies.
– Rapid prototyping and validation.
– Fluency in English is required, any other European language is an advantage.