We are seeking a Director Of Nursing to join our team! You will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of assigned patients.
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, or disabled patients.
- Diagnose and establish patient treatment plans.
- Planning, developing, organizing, implementing the day to day functions of the.
- Nursing department in accordance with all governing rules.
- Work with nursing staff and Administrator in providing; planning, coordinating and managing high-quality nursing care, nursing services and health education.
- Oversee Nursing Education.
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior.
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care.
- Educate patients about health maintenance and disease prevention.
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities.
- Maintain accurate patient medical records.
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members.
- Individual must have 2 years experience as a DON or an ADON in long term care.
- 2 years of experience in Post-Acute or hospital setting.
- REGISTERED NURSE (RN) in the State of Illinois and in good standing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment (PointClickCare).
- Ability to build rapport with patients and staff.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.