** Internal Workers – Please log into your Workday account to apply **
$48.58 – $75.28
742700 Recovery Rm Svc-PACU
Responsible for coordination of care to meet identified needs of the patient/family. Supervises the management of patient care utilizing critical thinking and nursing process, discharge planning, resource identification, linking and scheduling patients with required services, monitoring care delivery, advocating for the patient, care planning and evaluating outcomes. Coordinates patient care across the health care continuum, and assists other team members with meeting individual patient needs.
The PACU RN provides concentrated observation and care of patients of all ages during the immediate post anesthesia
period and facilitates the patients care through a collaborative effort with physicians and other health care team members, including transfer on a continuum of care to the appropriate department.
This position may require flexibility of hours.
For hires prior to 9/1/15, Graduate from accredited nursing program required.
For internal promotions or for hires BSN or MSN required.
Minimum 1 year of current experience in acute care area of expertise/equivalent service area, 2 years preferred. One year Critical Care, PACU and Trauma Center experience Preferred.
Must challenge and successfully pass the Basic Dysrhythmia course curriculum within 21 days of hire. Basic computer skills/experience with computerized documentation systems required.
Current unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) license issued by California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN)
Current Basic Life Support Provider (BLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider (PALS), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider (ACLS) issued by American Heart Association
Current unrestricted Certified Post-Anesthesia Nurse (CPAN) or related certification
Additional Unit Specific Essential Functions:
1. Demonstrates proficiency in delivering care utilizing advanced knowledge base of Cardiovascular, Neuro, Respiratory, and Metabolic issues as pertains to the individual patient.
2. Moves patients toward discharge to the next level of care following the established discharge criteria including but not limited to Aldrete score, dermatome level, stable BP, heart rate, oxygen saturation of 94% or higher, and proper Pain Management.
3. Communicates appropriately with the MD on any patient status variance that influences an expected progressive recovery course toward transfer to the next level of care.
4. Accompanies the patient on transfer and gives a thorough report utilizing appropriate Hand-Off format, including a review of the post operative orders, to the receiving RN.
5. Demonstrates ability to assist with ECTs.
6. Maintains annual competencies via skills validation and self studies. Attends a code blue drill every twelve months.
7. Maintains basic knowledge of Joint Commission requirements and the National Patient Safety Goals.
8. Demonstrates commitment to the Customer Service standards by providing information to patient, visitors, coworkers, and physicians in a friendly, helpful, courteous manner.
Other similar jobs that might interest you